Coordinate the admission/transfer/discharge of patients in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, established procedural guidelines and as directed by your supervisor.
1. Participate in the pre-admission and admission process as well as arranging for transfer of patients to other centers should the need arise.
2. Obtain pertinent information from patients and/or family members, referral sources, and appropriate social agencies and verify financial information prior to admission. Completes admission paperwork with family and patient.
3. Verify that the patient room, etc. is ready prior to admission.
4. Sustain contact and provide support to patient/families to include help in dealing with the family’s feelings and financial responsibilities.
5. Daily visits to new admissions to provide a smooth admission transition.
6. Orient the patient to the center environment.
7. Send follow-up thank you notes to families within one week of admission.
8. Meet frequently with other social workers and discharge planners within the community.
9. Maintain up-to-date information about agencies to which referrals may be made.
10. Maintain active waiting list file.
11. Communicate admission information to other departments.
12. Complete understanding of admission packet and ability to explain to family/patient
13. Knowledge of long-term care admission requirements
14. Knowledge of advanced directives.
15. Knowledge and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, Private Pay and Third Party reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
On-the-job training provided in admission guidelines.
Two years marketing experience.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Customer service oriented. Should possess good marketing and communication skills
Computer skills preferred.
Primary Location: Georgia-Union City
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Nov 22, 2021, 3:47:51 PM